In all reality we use cooking devices that make life easier no matter the lifestyle. It would likely be difficult to find someone who doesn’t to use any extra appliance for their kitchen in an RV (Just like a house). They all come with learning curves and small changes that we made to help make cooking in an RV a little easier. Here are some of our favorite things to cook with the different kitchen devices.
Here are the links to the appliances, they are affiliate links. That means when you purchase these items, nothing is added to your total, but we receive a small commission for showing these products.
- Things that we like: Easy to clean, store, and use.
- Things that we wish were a little different: Sometimes it takes a long time to boil a small pot of water. It is not consistently an issue but when you are really hungry it seems to be the time that it stops working. Something we have found that makes this easier is to pour water that is already very hot into the pot when we’re trying to heat things quickly. This could be a common obstacle with any induction plate, this is just our opinion on something to improve.
- Things that we like: It is a more convenient size than an oval crock pot, has many features and settings. Can boil water VERY quickly
- Things we wish were a little different: Settings that were easier to control. The crockpot function seems to be used the most in our household with this device. To set the settings properly, you have to manually set it by following some odd steps, and hope that you did it in the correct order. Sometimes it boils VERY quickly and you have to really keep an eye on it, maybe this will be more predictable with more usage.
- Things that we like: Cooks food predictably, and relatively quickly. Works well as an electric oven
- Things that we wish were different: The dials can be challenging to set a proper temperature and sometimes you have to “eye ball it” for lack of a better term, timers are the same way, so we frequently set the timer on our microwave.
- Things that we like: This is a great way to quickly make coffee, you can adjust the strength and make the coffee stronger to your liking. This was not as adjustable with a keurig or coffee pot.
- Things that we wish were different: We wish we could boil the water on the stove and then steep the coffee, eliminating the step for heating water with a different device.
- Things that we like: easy to use as a hot plate, very versatile, easy to clean, heats and cooks quickly
- The plates are difficult to obtain the same temperature, there is some user knowledge and practice to use it. Laying the device flat to store can sometimes be challenging.
If you like these and want to know more comment below! Hope you enjoyed our reviews of the common RV Gadgets and how they work and sometimes don’t! Happy Travels!